Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It's Tutorial Tuesday! Make an adorable Easter finger puppet!



I found this tutorial from Molly at The Purl Bee. Aren't they just too cute?! While her tutorial calls for craft felt, I used recycled wool felt (felted wool sweaters). If you use recycled wool, I found that merino sweaters worked best for this project, but any thin to medium thickness felted wool should do. The turquoise one is felted cashmere. The only change I made, was that the tutorial called for yarn, to make a pom pom tail, but I didn't have any on hand. I just made 2 circles with pinking shears, and sewed that on instead. I like it just as much.

To go to the tutorial on The Purl Bee, just click here!

Photo from the Purl Bee:

Warning: these are addictive to make, and you may set out to make one, but end up with 2... or 3... or 4....



They are so cute, and so fun to make! I plan to leave them out with our wool eggs, so the Easter Bunny can put treats in them.

My son requested an orange & red one...


...but this little fair isle guy is my favorite!


Well... what are you waiting for? Get hopping! Easter is right around the corner! :)

7 comments:

Becca said...

These are adorable!! :) x

All Hand-Made Crafts said...

absolutely addictive and adorable... great work

Irēna said...

they are beautiful!

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

How cute are they when made from recycled wool felt. I ADORE your bunny tail...on the finger puppets :)

Resweater said...

I just love these too! My son asked me to make more of them for him, lol. I'll have to look for more craft felt tutorials to try with recycled wool.

Rosachiara said...

Lovely *_*

CONFETTURA ROSA - HandMade Clothing - GIVEAWAY

NeedlesAndKims said...

So, so cute! Can't wait to make one, or two, or three... :)